Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Accidentally in a relationship and classic DC dating dilemma

So sorry that this blog took a hiatus before it really started, but that's what happens when people accidentally get into relationships: they have to stop dating. And thus a blog ruined.

But now I'm back at it.

What's classic DC? Meeting a guy at a party and wanting to ask him out, but also wanting the new job that's open in his office.

What happens next is a series of email drafts that never get sent but that look something like this:

Hi,

I want to stick to my original plan - to ask you out for dinner.

But that plan may have been derailed when I saw that job opening in your office.

This is easily the most awkward and ill-advised email I have ever sent. And the what happens next part is some
kind of complicated game theory problem - and is completely up to you.

Or this:

I am torn between my original plan - to ask you out - and my new inclination after seeing a job posting in your office to send you my resume.

Anyway, I guess this is one of those choose your own adventure emails.


Only in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment